Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

Happy Father''s Day to all the Dad's
I must say I had the BEST DAD OF ALL
He was simply the greatest!
Father's Day is bitter sweet for me.
A few of my favorite pictures of my dad
He was in the Navy 1944, A handsome man.
The next one was in front of our old house. Don't you just love that front porch? Daddy, Carole, Becky, Vicky and me in the front. Daddy made all the railing around the porch and all the little fences in the yard. That house was over 100 years old. Mother didn't like it much but I loved it, had so many hiding places. lol We lived there until I was 11 years old. I have some great memories of that old house. Dad made me a bowling alley on the side yard from paper milk cartons. In the back yard he made a golf course by putting cans in the ground for my holes. He even made my golf clubs out of wood. It was at this house dad made me a "pushie" (a skate board with a seat) from old time roller skates. The neighborhood kids liked it so much he even made them one. But I was the first on the block to have one. lol. I wish I had a picture of it. I really enjoyed building things with my dad. Then we moved to our new home. I think this is actually my favorite picture of my dad. Sitting outside. He loved being outside. Al though this is the front of the house daddy usually sat in the back. We had different levels in our back yard. One was our patio which he built and his garden; the second was shade trees, third was his orchard. How I remember that peach tree. He brought a piece of the tree from the old house. Nothing like picking a ripe peach right off the tree and eating it, yummy. Dad always had a great garden. My dad could do anything. He used to say he was a Jack of all trades and a Master of none. But I always knew my dad could fix or make anything.
One of the last pictures I have of my dad. Still a handsome man.
1920-1999
You are never too old to need your dad.
My dad would get a kick out of the Dylan Austin and Harley Che. Daddy had all girls and I had all girls. Dylan and Harley love Thomas the Train and my dad was an engineer for the Mon-Con Railroad. I LOVE YOU DAD. I MISS YOU.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Susan, What a beautiful memory of your dad. Thank you for sharing.

Peg D