Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Chicken Doorstop Tutorial

Every since I made the first chicken Doorstop back in 2008  here  http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=8091844584969195515#editor/target=post;postID=7728231562267290101
people are still asking me for the directions. Some leave comments and want the pattern but don't leave an email for me to send it to. So here is a tutorial .This is my first tutorial so please bear with me.
here are the the patterns
http://www.scribd.com/doc/86270738/Chic-Kent-1
or
http://www.scribd.com/doc/86270738/Chic-Kent-1#page=1
or
http://www.scribd.com/doc/86270738/Chic-Kent-1#fullscreen
(There are 3 pages to the file.)

Cut out pattern pieces. Sew body "A"  leaving an opening 
Pin B to A
 Sew
  Add batting/stuffing   but this is optional


 sew on quilting lines
 pin C to B
 sew


Add batting/stuffing to wings and sew on quilting lines 
 add ric rac  ( again this is optional)
 sew wings to body

 add ric rac to B( tail)
 sew the bill, comb and wattle to chicken marked F, G and H
 stuff body 
 hot glue bottom to cardboard
 add brick ( I didn't have a full brick   this is all I had)
 sew bottom to body
 finished chicken
 I personally like the shorter wings  I ajusted them  
 all done back view
 side view

 front
side
I do hope this helps anyone who has been asking for the pattern.





12 comments:

webbsway said...

O Susan!
How cute she is and I agree with you - I like the shorter wing the best!

Meggie said...

This is an adorable idea. Thanks for sharing. Your photos give lots of details...

Solstitches said...

Thank you for a great tutorial. The chicken is really cute and would be a great fundraiser.
Margaret

Heather said...

I love the doorstop Aunt Sue. I think
mom had one like it way back when. I like the shorter wings too.

Marie H said...

Merci beaucoup Susan :-)

Kaye Maye said...

I love the chicken doorstop and really would like to have the pattern. I want to make it for my sister for Christmas. Please send me your pattern to my email - kayemaye08@gmail.com. Thank you very much and pray you have blessed Thanksgiving. Kaye

Anonymous said...

I love the chicken doorstop and really would like to have the pattern to make. It says I have to pay to join some site before I can download the pattern though? Could you please email it to me? lisa_woodley@hotmail.com. thank you so much.

Chanda Costa said...

Lovely! I cannot wait to make one of these for my new kitchen! I was not able to download the pattern. If you could, I would very much appreciate it, if you would e-mail the pattern to me at chandaranea@gmail.com

Thank you so much for sharing!

Chanda

Anonymous said...

Susan, can you please send me the pattern? We want to make as a surprise for my husband for Christmas 2016. How can I get my email to you? I don't want to use the option below as he will see if it goes to our google account. If you can help it would be greatly appreciated.
Jo

Myra Smith said...

can I please get the pattern for the chicken doorstop. my e-mail kitkatkmpcowdot6@gmail.com thank you myra

grandma butterfly said...

Susan, could you send me the pattern for this chicken doorstop? I made some of these in the 70's and lost the body part of the pattern. I somehow still have the felt pieces. Now my granddaughter has a birthday coming up and she loves her chickens, so I thought I would make her one of these. They turn out so cute!

Anonymous said...

I dearly want to get this chicken doorstop pattern. My mother made two of them many years ago. She has been deceased many years. We never found her pattern. I cherish each one and would like to make them as a special gift to my sister and daughter, plus use as fundraiser for my gospel ministry in Africa. My email is: eotmkay@aol.com
. God bless you for sharing.
Ksy